Friday, May 25

mark it down

hi·a·tus – noun, plural -tus·es, -tus.
1.a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.

For the last 6-7 wks. I've been in learning mode over at RMFP (Richard McKenster Financial Planning Inc.) here in up-town Calgary. Yeah, it's uptown - not downtown as William reminds me - I must have let that slip somewhere along the way and he's obsessed with the distinction... always correcting me - "daddy, you work UPTOWN not DOWNTOWN...) finicky, persnicky, tell-your-dad-he's-wrong little three year old... i'll learn you uptown...

Anyway... I think I've made the switch to an FP. Financial Planner that is - working in an office in down uptown Calgary.

A couple new/interesting/cool things:

* Well the price of gas isn't... 1.21$ a litre in Calgary, Albuurrta? So for my next vehicle it's either diesel or one of these mothers...

Nissan is marketing it as a 'powered suit' - I think I could find a spot for it in my garage... my other ride is a Gundam.

* We're doing another Resonate Greenhouse next thursday night @ Koi Cafe. J-rod Siebert will be in town to hang for that one - there's been some cool stuff happening with some of the folks involved there lately. More Church Plant conversation - and some possible movement.

*Had a fun May long weekend - Ang's folks came this way to hang with us. Ron and I went to the dirty south of Calgary to check out Mckenzie Meadows on Sunday. Somehow we were able to get 18 holes in between hail/lightening/torrential rain/snow... it was actually amazing. Nice course too - I'd go again - and it's always super fun hanging with Ron 'Howie' Woodley. If you're in the S'toon area and you want/need to get your hair-cut, he's got a great Barbershop on 8th st & Clarence Avenue.

No comments: